International Forum on Urban Policy for the Sustainable
Development Goals (SDGs)
- 8-10 June 2016
- Seoul City Hall
- Hosted / Organized by
- Seoul Metropolitan Government / UN ESCAP / CityNet
Objectives of the Forum
Building upon the experience of the existing policy archive and inter-city cooperation of Seoul, and in support of the 2030 Agenda for
Sustainable Development, the conference will be hosted in Seoul, Republic of Korea, on 8-10 June 2016, and will
- Discuss the role of cities in the implementation of the SDGs and share experiences in sustainable urban development through focused
discussions on selected targets under the Urban SDG (Goal 11) and other goals and targets relevant to urban issues.
- Provide a venue to share urban policy examples on various areas including urban planning, transportation, water management, environment and climate change, housing, e-government, and safer cities.
- Explore opportunities for regional and international cooperation to support the implementation and follow-up and review of the SDGs,
and in particular SDG 11.
- Present and discuss the concept of an Urban SDG Knowledge Sharing Platform, to support local action for the implementation of the SDGs.